KAIBIRD Warranty Policy
A. Warranty and Warranty Periods.
Kaibird warrants only to the original end user that the products and parts set forth below will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the applicable warranty periods set opposite thereto (such warranty periods to be determined commencing upon the date of invoice to the end user or, if the end user cannot provide proof of invoice, then the ship date from Kaibird):
PRODUCT OR PART APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD
- LED LIGHTING PRODUCTS - 12 MONTHS
B. Warranty Activation.
In order to activate the warranty service, it is a requirement for end user to register all Kaibird products online at the official website http://www.kaibird.com.au within 14 days of the date of purchase. Each Kaibird product consist a unique serial number on the package which is essential during the activation process. Kaibird reserves all rights to the final decision determining the validity of the warranty activation.
C. Kaibird’s Obligation Under Warranty.
Kaibird’s sole obligation under the above warranty shall be to repair or replace products and parts during the warranty period. Kaibird does not assume responsibility for delays in replacement or repair of products or parts. Products and parts repaired or replaced by Kaibird under warranty shall be warranted for the balance of the original warranty period or ninety (90) days, whichever is longer. This warranty gives end
users specific legal rights, and particular end users may also have other rights which may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
D. DISCLAIMER OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE GIVEN, AND KAIBIRD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to particular end users.
No salesperson, representative, or agent of Kaibird is authorized to make any guaranty, warranty, or representation that contradicts the terms contained in this Limited Warranty. Any waiver, alteration, addition, or modification to the warranties contained herein must be in writing and signed by authorized representatives of Kaibird to be valid, binding, and enforceable. Kaibird does not assume responsibility for any specific application to which any products or parts are applied including, but not limited to, compatibility with other equipment. All statements, technical information, or recommendations relating to the products or parts are based upon tests believed to be reliable, but do not constitute a guaranty or warranty. KAIBIRD SHALL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM PERFORMANCE OR FAILURE TO PERFORM OR WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM IN CONNECTION WITH KAIBIRD PRODUCTS AND/OR PARTS. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to particular end users.
F. What May Void the Warranty.
This Limited Warranty shall be null and void in the following circumstances:
1. Modification or repair of any covered product or part by the end user or any non-authorized Kaibird service provider; or 2. Improper use or installation, or damage by accident or neglect, of any covered product or part by the end user or any third party; or 3. Failure of the end user or any third party to exercise caution to protect any covered product or part from electrostatic discharge damage, or physical abuse; or
G. Warranty Claim Return Process.
To lodge a warranty claim, the end user must:
1. Obtain a return material authorization (RMA) from Kaibird via the official website at http://www.kaibird.com.au, which will include an RMA number that must be prominently displayed on the outside of theshipping container. Returns without an RMA number may be rejected by Kaibird and immediately returned to end user, freight collect.
2. Ship the items being returned to Kaibird, freight prepaid, together with a written description of the claimed defect.
3. Pack the items being returned in the original packing carton or equivalent. Damage in transit is end user's responsibility and may be cause to void the warranty claim.
H. Transportation Costs.
Kaibird will pay surface freight to return products or parts covered by this Limited Warranty. However, if Kaibird determines in the exercise of its reasonable but sole discretion that the product or part returned for warranty service is not defective, or does not otherwise qualify for warranty service, end user shall be liable for all costs of handling and transportation.